Sunday, May 6, 2007

May 6, 2007

It's been a crazy week around my house. Last night was the big St. Paul Lutheran School auction and dinner. (That's where Ian goes to school.) Mom has been working on this for months now, so she and Dad went last night. They bought a lot of stuff. Mom said she just couldn't see some of the things going for such bargain prices in the silent auction, so she likes to "bid things up." As usual, she ended up "winning the bid" on a lot more than she anticipated. Oh, well. It's "for the kids," she says.

Dad had to stay in New Jersey an extra day this week for a training session, so he didn't get home until Friday. Luckily I was still awake when he walked in, so we got to snuggle, snuggle, snuggle. I love to sit on Dad's lap and just lean back and relax. He rocks me in the chair, and we both get kind of sleepy. Everybody says that when they rock me in the chair, I suck all their energy out. Maybe that's why I keep getting a tiny bit better everyday. Maybe I'm using everyone else's energy!!!

Since I've gotten taller and bigger, Dad is almost the only person who can hold me on his lap with enough room. When Grandma Ross holds me, my feet almost touch the floor, so she can't rock too hard. (She's kind of short, you know.)

Yesterday I got to go outside for a while. It was really hot and humid, but I got to swing for A little while. I really love my swing!

It's Sunday morning, and the nurse is here for a few hours. She's going to do a lot of stretches with me today. I know it's going to be a very busy day, so we're going to get all the "hard work" out of the way. I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Leave me a message and tell me what you are going to do this week. I like to hear about things that are going on out there...

Love to you all!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hi Cousin Emma!

How are you? It's your cousin from down south, Addison. So, you like swinging, too? I LOVE to swing. My mama swings me alot. I love to be outside. Maybe when I come visit in June we can play outside together. That would be fun! Guess what? I saw a wild alligator over the weekend. I went to Louisiana with mama and daddy. It was fun. Well, I've got to go. I'll talk to you later, cousin. Love ya,

Addison :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Emma,

Hope your having a good day. I'm wishing I was outside doing anything other than working at my desk today. Having a really hard time focusing so I thought I would check for a new entry and wrtie you a Hello!

Remember when I told you we had baby rabbits? We still have seven and they are getting big. Rabbits grow fast. Soon we are going to put them in their own cage. I hope Little Flower (momma rabbit) doesn't get sad.

I'm sure mom told you that the Auction was fabulous! Now its time to take a breather.

Better do some work so I'll write anoter day. God Bless, Sharon S.