Today is Mother's Day, and I'd like to wish my mom a very happy day! She is, of course, the best mom ever!
Last night, Dad kept me in the family room with him (and Ian) all night so that Mom could have a full night's sleep without any interruptions - in her own bed in her own room! She didn't have to go to the "cave" (the bedroom in the basement). That's what she does when the nurse is here with me.
It was fun having a special sleep-over with Dad and Ian. Dad made a comfortable place for me to sleep at just the right angle, and he pretty much stayed up all night to make sure I was okay. See, he is a VERY heavy sleeper. He doesn't hear anything when he's asleep, so he was afraid that if he fell asleep and I coughed, he wouldn't know about it until my pulse-ox machine started beeping (which means that I'm not getting enough oxygen). He didn't want me to fill up my Thermovent (the little filter that hooks on to my trach tube) with goo, and he wouldn't know about it for a long time. Isn't he a nice dad? He really sacrificed for Mom. He really loves her a lot. It makes me feel so good knowing that Mom and Dad love each other so much, because I know how stressful life can be sometimes. I see it all the time in the faces of people around me.
I've had a pretty good week - I've been able to go outside a lot. It didn't rain as much as the weather man said it would. This afternoon, we are going to do something as a family. I'm not sure what it will be, but it's such a pretty day that I think it HAS to be outside! YEAH!!! My favorite. (Mom says she has to pay the bills first. I guess that's going to take a long time?)
This evening, Dad is going to cook his famous pork tenderloin for Mom and Grandma. Sometimes I really wish I could eat something by mouth so that I could taste what Dad cooks because Mom says he is definitely the best cook in the family, (although Mom has her own signature dishes, too).
I have some exercises to do now - have to stay fit and trim! Actually, I just have to stay stretched out and relaxed because my muscles get so tensed up and stiff, I have to exercise several times a day to stay flexible. It's kind of fun because I just have to lie down and someone does all the work for me - they move my arms and legs, wrists and ankles, shoulders and neck... Mom says she wishes that she could exercise the same way. It would be much easier than walking on the treadmill and doing crunches!
Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there! Your kids are so lucky to have you in their lives! Remember to take care of yourselves because you always have to be at 100% (so you can take care of the rest of us)!
Love you!
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment