Saturday, May 19, 2007

May 19, 2007

Today was another beautiful day! It was the first day of baseball season for my brother's team. He's on the Marlins this year in the Desloge City league. Two of his classmates are also on the team. Since it was such a pretty day, I got to go to the game with Mom, Dad, Ian (and his friend Corey), Grandma and Grandpa. Ian played second base and first base. He got two singles and a triple, and he made an awesome play at first base. His team won 12-0. It was very exciting. Mom and Grandma did a good job of keeping my very white arms out of the bright sun, (but Mom also used good sunscreen today), so I didn't get burned. However, I got very, very sleepy. I'm not used to being outside for that long.

I just finished sitting on mom's lap in the rocking chair for an hour. I was practically sound asleep when the nurse arrived. I'm very wiped out today.

Mom leaves at 6:30 in the morning for Memphis. This is her second year of banking school, and she'll be gone until very late Friday night. Her classes start at 1 o'clock Sunday afternoon, then she has class every day from 8 a.m. until 8:30 p.m. She's a little bit stressed about being gone since Dad will be in New Jersey again. But Grandma and Grandpa will be around to make sure everything is running smoothly, so she really shouldn't worry. (Of course, she left a "checklist" for every hour of every day while she's gone so everybody knows where he should be and what he should be doing.) Mom's trying to get into "sponge" mode so she can "absorb" all the new information this year. She said it's all new to her this year because most of it is about "lending products." I'm not sure what that means, but I know she's in marketing, not lending. So I guess she'll learn a few things!

Everybody, please say lots of prayers that Ian, Grandma, Grandpa, all the nurses and I all stay very healthy this week. That will make things go much, much smoother!

Love to you all. I'll catch up with you next week.

No comments: