The past week has been kind of crazy around my house. Grandma was here a lot taking care of me (and Ian and Thor). Dad was in New Jersey for work from Monday until Thursday. He was able to get an early flight on Thursday, though, so he came home and rocked me in the rocking chair and then went to Ian's baseball game (which they won!). It was a big surprise because he's usually not home until late on Thursday nights. Mom was in Memphis all week for Banking School, and she got home late Friday night. I was already asleep, but we got to snuggle Saturday morning and then again in the afternoon, and then again before I went to bed. (We'll snuggle again today after she finishes her ironing.)
Dad always gives me "catch-up" kisses when he gets back in town, so it takes a while to go through Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thurday kisses. Mom said she was giving me "ketchup, mustard and barbecue sauce" kisses for being gone Sunday through Friday. (Dad didn't think her joke was very funny.)
I went to a "School's Out Carnival" at Ian's school yesterday afternoon for a little while. Mom helped me throw the bean bag, the washers and the little basketball. I was pretty good! I won four stickers that Mom stuck to my arms, and I had my face painted with a bright red lipstick mark (with sparkly red paint in the middle), so it looked like it does when Grandma gives me a big kiss!
Mom and Dad were going to take me to see my first-ever movie at the movie theatre this weekend. I was going to see Shrek III, but it was sold out yesterday, and they decided not to take me to a really crowded theatre, so we're going to wait a while. They don't want my first movie experience to be cram-packed with a bunch of loud kids who might get aggrevated if I have to use my suction machine during the movie. I wish I could taste the popcorn! That's not something that can go through my feeding tube!
Grandma and Grandpa are coming over for dinner tonight. Mom said she's making something very healthy since everybody around here seems to be "watching what they eat." Mom said she gained six pounds at Banking School because they have such great food there! Dad LOST seven pounds last week because he was being so healthy. I guess Mom found what he lost! I'm going to see a dietician in June when I see the GI doctor about my feeding tube button. I wonder if I'll have to gain weight or lose weight or if I'm "just right."
Ian is out of school now, so he's loving life right now. No homework. No tests. No memory to learn. But he only has a week off, and then he goes to the Scholars Academy at MAC. He'll be in "school" for a whole month, but it's supposed to be really, really fun for him. I hope he has a lot of fun!
I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I'll catch up with you again very soon!
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ms. Emma,
I can't wait each week to read what adventures you have been on. You get to do so many fun things. And I can't believe you are going to go to your FIRST EVER MOVIE! How cool is that? You tell everybody hello for us, okay?
Love, Joy and ROb
Congratulations! Now you're a 3rd grader!
I love and miss you. Can't wait to see you soon.
Post a Comment