Sunday, May 13, 2007

May 13, 2007 (Part Two)

I already wrote something this morning, so you might want to read that one first. But I wanted to tell you what my adventure ended up being today, and I just couldn't wait. It was FUN! It was a beautiful, perfect day today. Blue sky. Not a cloud floating by. Perfect temperature. No humidity. What more could we ask for?

So Mom and Dad packed up my stuff, and Ian and I went to St. Joe State Park with them. We went to the bike trail and walked for about 40 minutes through the beautiful trees. (It's a paved path, so my wheelchair rolled right along very easily.) Ian pushed me for the first half. Dad pushed me the second half. Mom toted my pink backpack the whole way. (This is my "GO BAG." Basically it goes where I go, with all my emergency medical needs.)

After our walk in the great outdoors, we went to the Family Fun Center and went BOWLING! When it was my turn, Ian would hold the ball out to me and let me touch it, then he would throw it down the lane for me. While Ian was walking up to the line to throw the ball, Mom would push me along next to him, so it was like I was really doing it! We used the bumpers for my turn, and I ended up with a score of 91! Pretty good, huh? Actually, Mom ended up kicking our behinds. She got a 144, which she says is one of her very best scores ever, so she was happy. She even beat Dad somehow. Since it was Mother's Day, we thought it turned out just the way it was supposed to.

When we got home, Mom got to hold me in the rocking chair for an hour and a half while Dad cooked one of his world-famous meals. Grandma and Grandpa came over to eat. Mom ate way too much, but she said that was okay. She'd get back on track tomorrow. Then Dad and Ian cleaned up the whole kitchen.

Uncle Bradley just called, so I got to talk to him. He's so funny! He makes me smile. I wish my uncles and aunts lived closer to me, but it's always fun to talk to them on the phone.

Well, I just wanted to let you know what I ended up doing today. Now you can read the first part of today's entry. I'll write more next week sometime. Everyone, have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emma

A fun filled mothers day!!! Sunday couln't of been more perfect.

I had a wonderful mother's day. Ryan and Taylor gave me the prettiest gifts they made at school. Plus, there was an article and photo in the Journal about Mrs. Bishop's class. Have mom read it to you. I had to get a tissue. Taylor's soccer team (Farmington Fury) won 1st place at their two day tournament in Perryville. The team played their best game ever on Sunday. It was so much fun to watch. Then we went home and I lazed around with my mom while Dave cooked dinner. It was nice.

We let the baby rabbits out to run around the dog kennel. It was funny watching them hop around chasing each other. Plus they loved eating all the fresh grass. A couple of them tried to escape but Cleo (our dog) kept them in line.


The Fury team has another tournament in Cape this weekend. The coaches have decided to move them up a division because they are playing so well. I am really nervous for them. Wish'em luck!

Have a Great Day! Weather is looking good for more outdoors!!!

God Bless, Sharon