Sunday, March 25, 2007

March 25, 2007

I went to the country again! This time I went to the Roses' house and got to see my friends Doug, Dena, Braden and Brenna. (Breslin was at a birthday party.) There are three dogs and a cat at their house, horses out in the barn and cows in the field. I like their house a lot. Brenna showed me her baby dolls, and we sat on my dad's lap while he read us a book. Then Brenna had a tea party with me. She served my "tea" in the green cup with the matching saucer. It's so nice to get out of the house every now and then!

My big brother got to ride on the 4-wheeler with Braden, then Dad took Mom for a ride on it, too!

I only got to go outside a few times this past week because it was rainy and my allergies were really acting up. My eyes have been watery and kind of red and I've had a lot more "goo" than normal. Mom and Dad had to shut the house up and turn on the air conditioner for me. It's supposed to be very nice today, so I'm hoping to go outside for at least a little while!

My intestinal issues have not yet completely cleared up, even though I seem to be improving. Now we're trying yogurt. Maybe those active cultures will help sort out my digestive system! Who knows? And, yes, they just squirt that yogurt right into my tummy through my feeding tube.

One of my therapists is using a big chart with stars to help me see when I achieve a goal. I love to see those stars! They're red (the color of my favorite baseball team - the Cardinals). While we'r e on the subject of the Cardinals. . . one of my nurses (Sandy) is the biggest Cardinals fan ever. She even made me my own Cardinals cheerleading uniform a few years ago for my birthday. She and I watch Cardinals games when she's here with me. We can't wait for the real season to begin. (These pre-season games just aren't as exciting.)

I have to go now. It's time for me to take a shower. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments: