Saturday, March 10, 2007

March 10, 2007

So far, this weekend is MUCH better than last Sunday night. (Read all about that horrible experience below...)

I went on an adventure today! My family went out to the Klepzig farm. It was so neat! First of all, there's a giant puppy dog at the end of their drive way. I mean - GIANT! They built it out of hay. It's about 14 feet tall and about 20 feet long. They built it before Christmas, and I got to see it then, but we had just stopped by for a minute that day to look at it on the way to take one of Ian's friends home. (They're so talented!)

Today was very exciting. I got to sit on Mom's lap and ride in a golf cart while Ian drove a 4-wheeler all over the place. There's a neat pond with a dock, a pavilion, big fields, trees, a creek and a really cool house. It was pretty windy out there, but Mom kept me bundled up really well. It was fun to bumpity-bump along in the field. Then Dad put me on his lap on the 4-wheeler. It was kind of scary, but I knew he would keep me safe. We drove around in a big circle, and then I got back on Mom's lap in the golf cart. We drove back up to the house and I got to relax inside while Ian and Dad stayed outside a little longer. Whew! I was tired after that. I'm going to cuddle with Dad for a while and rest while my 3 o'clock feeding goes in. (He'll probably fall asleep.)

Speaking of feedings...I went to a new doctor last week. This is the Gastroenterologist. (Big word for a tummy doctor, huh?) Anyway, Mom and Dad are now trying a new formula for me - one that will move through my stomach faster (so we hope I won't have such a full tummy all the time, pushing stuff out around my feeding tube button). Also, I'm on a new medicine that's supposed to reduce the acid in my stomach, so if something DOES leak out, maybe it won't burn my skin so much. I guess we'll give this a try to see if it works. Mom and Dad don't like me taking more medicine, but if it works, they're okay with it.

With this new prescription, I now take four medicines in the morning, plus a breathing treatment. I get one medicine in the afternoon, plus a breathing treatment. In the evening, I get four medicines, and then right before bed, I get another medicine. I have a cabinet in the kitchen just for my stuff. (See, I really am a Diva!)

It's a beautiful weekend. I hope everyone out there is able to get out and enjoy the weather! Love to you all!

No comments: