Friday, March 16, 2007

March 16, 2007

My mom and dad are leaving me for the whole weekend for their anniversary, can you believe it? This is the first time they have been gone together for two consecutive nights in four years! They seem to be a little nervous about leaving for "so long," but they're not thinking about the fact that while they're gone, Grandma and Grandpa will be in charge, which means that Ian and I will be spoiled more than ever!

This past week has been a bit "bubbly." My new formula/prescription to help me with my stomach acid/leaking button experiment didn't work very well. My stomach was so bloated! I had lots of extra "gas bubbles" and my intestines didn't like the stuff at all - to save you from the gross details, let's just say it has been a very messy week. So, we're back to the drawing board. I'm back to my regular formula and regular medicine until my bodily functions are regulated again. I don't know what they'll do with me then. They always call me a "mystery." Isn't it every girl's prerogative, though, to be a bit of a mystery? Divas can't divulge all their secrets!

My dad is getting ready to start a new job. His last day on his current job is March 28. Then he and Ian are going on a long-awaited, several-times-delayed train adventure before he starts his new job on April 9. He'll be working for a computer consulting firm. He'll be gone a few days every week, but he's very excited about the work because it's something he loves to do. I really like it when Dad gets to do things he enjoys. It makes me feel good. He's going to be working with military contracts - Homeland Security, and stuff like that. I don't know anything about that kind of thing - but Ian and I know he will be helping the world.

We're really going to miss him when he's gone, though! Mom says that Dad is a big help around here, so our house may completely fally apart while he's gone. I wish I could help her keep it together... Well, if you come to visit me at my house, just be forewarned that it could be a completely cluttered disaster zone (much like it is today and everyday, only worse - say it can't be so).

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Love to you all!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi Emma!
We sure miss you! Addison says "hi". Hey, I didn't know your daddy was getting a new job. He's going to be gone alot, huh? Well, you'll have to give him extra loving when he's home so to make up for the days he's away. Gotta run.

Love you!

Aunt Jenny