Saturday, July 14, 2007

Saturday, July 14, 2007

I guess everyone survived Friday the 13th, huh? Nothing too "spooky" or "unusual" happened here. It was a busy day for me, with a visit from my teacher, Miss Paula. We worked on the letter "L," and I colored (with her help) a picture of LIMES. Then my speech therapist and my physical therapist were here later in the day. Dad and Ian were here most of the day, too, so there was always something going on. I got to snuggle with Dad in the afternoon, then with Mom when she got home from work. Aaaah, I love being taken care of!

My tummy is starting to leak again around my feeding button, and it's turning my skin red again. Nobody knows what to do with me. I've also been crying a lot this week, and today I have what appears to be an in-grown toenail on my big toe. Ugh. I just can't keep anything steady, you know. I have to mix it up all the time, keep "my people" on their toes.

It has been very quiet without all the family visitors around. I did get to go outside this past week, and I got to swing. I could just swing all day long. It's my very favorite thing to do. I'm very relaxed when I'm in the swing. I don't cry. I don't gasp. I just hang out and enjoy the ride. It's so much fun!

Even though I had a lot of fun swinging, I did have a few problems last week with my "episodes." I had three last Sunday, one on Tuesday, one on Wednesday, and I thought about having one last night, but Dad talked me out of it. (Thank goodness for Dad! He got me to stop crying, so I calmed down enough to start breathing easy again.) I'm hoping that I'll get to go outside this weekend, but it's pretty hot out there today, and there's a lot of yard work happening today. I can't get in the way, and I don't want to be out there with all that stuff flying around. Even though I'm not "officially" allergic to any of the main Midwest stuff, Mom is still convinced I'm allergic to something. I always cough more after I've been outside when someone is mowing, or when it's windy and I can see stuff flying through the air.

Baby Grant had heart surgery on Thursday to close a valve. The surgery went well and everything looked pretty optimistic. Then he had a bad night, and he's having some problems. It sounds like he'll be hooked up to the respirator for a long time. That machine is NOT fun. Trust me. Also, he has a (treatable) staph infection now, too. So he has another problem to fix. He has to be a strong fighter! I'm praying for him all the time. His brother, Cullen, is doing very well and getting stronger every day.

Miss Kelly, my teacher who had the freak accident a month ago, is coming home from the rehab center today. Mom said that she and Grandma will take me to see her tomorrow if she's settled in and wants visitors. She will be in a wheelchair for a long time, and she's going to work hard to get all her movement back in her legs and feet. I know she can do it, though! I pray for her all the time, too.

My cousin, Lindsay, called last night. She wanted to tell us that she's going to have a baby! She and her husband live in Colorado. I'm so excited that there will be another baby in the family!

Ian is at football camp right now. He's going to play in the Mineral Area Football League this year. This is his first time ever playing football. He's on a team (the Warriors) with his friend Anthony. (Anthony is coming over to spend the night tonight, so I'll be stuck with two stinky boys in the house!!! But that's okay because it means there's more going on - boys running through the house, somebody else to look at, etc.) Mom is going to make Mexican food for dinner, which means my eyes will probably turn red when the onions come out!

Mom and Grandma are nervous wrecks about Ian playing football. I wonder if I'll get to see any of his games. I guess we'll have to see how things are going for me at that time, what the weather is like on those days, and what the "lay of the land" is at the football field. I just hope my big brother doesn't get hurt! He's very excited about the season because he LOVES football. Maybe this will be a really good thing for him, and Mom can just deal with it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and a very relaxing summer week. Take it easy. Smell the roses. There's only a few weeks left before school starts again! Come by to see me if you have time. Just call first, please! Love to you all.

1 comment:

Joy and Rob said...

Good Morning Emma,

We too survived Friday the 13th!

One day I told Rob I needed a weekend project so when he was talking to the neighbor (who's house was in DESPERATE need of painting - AND SCRAPING) he mentioned that I wanted a project. He came back home and told me that the neighbor would let me paint his house (of course he was paying me) and I needed to set a price - well I thought it over and over and couldn't decide - ROb said since I wasn't a "Professional" I couldn't charge that much but I told him I would't touch it unless I got a certain amount. Well, I got that amount - Rob and the neighbor boy (who Rob recruited the first day) started scraping and sanding, I started in on Friday afternoon and finally it was time to paint on Saturday - so that is what I did all day Saturday and Sunday - Rob didn't help on Saturday because his neck hurt way too much - it was making his right arm and leg go numb too - so he's called to see about seeing the doctor to find out why it's causing so much pain and what he will actually be able to do workwise without it hurting him so much. I think it hurt him also that he wasn't able to help me on Saturday - he did help on Sunday - quite a bit but I know he was in alot of pain then too. I kept telling him to go home - I was enjoying myself, listening to some really good tunes, just painting away. Well, I ran out of paint so I have to wait until they get more today and then I can finish up my part tonight hopefully. But we have the problem of a dormer window up top and the roof is so steep - we have to figure out what to do - I told Rob we could tie a rope to the tree up there or throw a few ropes over the top of the house and tie it to a truck in the driveway........... somehow we haven't decided either of us want to try that yet!

I'm still finding paint on my hands and arms .... just when I think I got it all -

It's going to be a hot week so stay inside and be cool.

Bye for now.

Love, Joy