Monday, July 9, 2007

Monday, July 9, 2007

It's 8:45 p.m. and I just had a successful trach change by Mom, Nurse Nicole and Grandma. Whew! If you've been keeping up with things, then you may be wondering why it happened on a Monday instead of Sunday, as my usual every-other-week schedule has been. Well, yesterday morning I had one of my episodes about 6:30 a.m. It lasted about 15 minutes. It wasn't nearly as scary as that one a couple Thursdays ago, but it was not fun anyway. Then I had two other "short ones" later in the morning. So, Mom and Dad decided it might not be a great day to try the trach change. They decided to wait and see how Monday went before attempting it. I guess it was a good plan, because everything went smoothly. Grandma was taking notes so she would know what to do if she ever had to do it herself. (Hopefully she won't have to do that because it's stressful enough with six hands or four hands. Two hands might be too scary.)

Things have been pretty quiet around my house since all my relatives flew the coop. Grandma stayed with me on Friday while Dad had to work on the computer all day. She was sad that Cousin Addison and Aunt Jenny had to go home, but she said she was so happy to have me to snuggle with!

Mom and Ian called me a lot while they were in Chicago. I always like to hear their voices. They had a good time in the Windy City with Uncle Scotty. They even got to go sailing on Lake Michigan. Wow! That would be fun! Dad made sure I was awake when they got home Saturday night, and Mom rocked me in the chair for a long time.

Dad snuggled with me a lot yesterday because he had to go back to New Jersey today. He wasn't feeling very well, and I really feel sorry for him. It sounds like it would be very hard to fly on a plane, have the rental car place be behind schedule, and try to work hard and think straight when you're not feeling yourself. I hope he feels all well really soon. When he comes home this weekend, I want him to be back to 100%!

Tonight was Ian's last baseball game. He hit a grand slam home run! (He's a really good baseball player.) I saw him play his first game this year. His team was the Marlins. They had a 9-1 season and ended up in first place. I'm so proud of my big brother! He's the best!

The next couple of weeks are going to be kind of uneventful. Nothing big on the schedule right now. Grandma and Grandpa are getting ready for their big trip to Alaska, so every time I see Grandpa, he's counting down the days. This is their 50th state. When they touch down in Alaska, they will have made it to all of the United States, so Grandpa will have met his goal. Someday I'd like to go to another state. It's kind of crazy to think that I've spent my entire life in Missouri, and almost all of it in Farmington. Other than that, I've been to St. Louis for hospital stays and doctors' appointments. I have been out to the country, though, so that's kind of cool.

Oh - here's the BIG NEWS in my family. Uncle Kevin and Aunt Janet are going to have TWINS!!! The due date is January 1, but they said the babies will probably be born closer to Thanksgiving. Wow! Isn't that the greatest news??? They finally gave us the okay to share the good news with everyone we know, so here's the big announcement - right here in black and white. I'm so excited to have more cousins! Ian thinks they should both be boys, but I think they should both be girls. Whatever they have, I'll be so happy to meet them. More babies to sit on my lap. I wish they didn't live in California. They're too far away to see them very often. Please say some prayers for everything to go smoothly. Aunt Janet is having to do a lot of extra special things to keep those babies healthy in there so all goes well.

While we're talking about babies, please say some extra prayers for Cullen and Grant, too. They're still in the hospital, and I want them to grow and get stronger and healthier as quickly as possible so they can go home with their mommy and daddy (and sister and brother).

Grandma and Grandpa saw Miss Kelly the other day when they were in St. Louis. Miss Kelly was my teacher for a long time. She's the one who had the terrible accident in June and broke her back. She is getting better and working hard in therapy, but she has a loooooooong way to go. She needs lots of prayers, too.

I'm going to go to sleep now. It's late and I should be getting my beauty rest. That's what princesses have to do. Take care, everyone! God bless you, every day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emma, I just saw your beautiful pictures on your Aunt Jenny's website. Looks and sounds like you guys had an incredible time on the 4th. You have a really beautiful family and I'm so happy that you all have each other. Hang in there and be strong. God is hearing all the prayers of your loved ones and is watching over you and giving you all strength and patience.

Take care,
Gena

Joy and Rob said...

Hi Emma,

Sounds like you needed some relaxation after all the visitors you have had. It must have been real fun seeing everyone!

With your silly uncles, I'm sure there was never a dull moment.

I'm glad to hear things are going ok and you haven't had any bad episodes.

You are definitely a mystery girl - not allergic to anything! Wow - you definitely are your daddy's girl because your mom has a heck of a time with allergies, doesn't she?

Take care and talk to you soon.

Love, Joy and Rob

Anonymous said...

Emma,

O.k. you really make me tired. I think I need a nap everytime I read your blog. Sounds like you had a great visit with your family. Our fourth was good. We went to Indiana and visited with some friends. Now its back to work. Seen your mom, grandma, and Ian at the ball field Monday. Congrats to the Marlins and Ian!!! Ryan's team, the Cardinals, took 3rd place (that is what Ryan said). We had fun, but I'm glad the games are done. Praying for all of you often. Love, Sharon