Today was a very early day. I woke up around 3:30 a.m. (Usually I save those really early days for Mom when she's taking care of me overnight, but I thought I'd just throw one in there for the nurse just to mix things up a bit.) Of course, by the time she was finished giving me my bath and doing all my "morning stuff," I was asleep in my chair. Grandma came to take care of me while Mom went to work at the bank.
My friend Sherri was here today. She's my occupational therapist (OT). She was working on my feet a lot today, and she got my foot to really relax. Aaaaaahhhh, that felt so good! My ankles are always very tight, and my feet kind of roll out in a way that makes them feel tight all the time. I have to wear leg braces during the day to help my feet point in the right direction, but my muscles just don't want to do that. My leg braces are pink (of course). My wrist/hand braces are pink, too, with some purple trim. I wear those during the day, too. They're supposed to help me keep my thumbs in the right position. Those darn thumbs of mine always want to pull in tightly into my palm. I wish my body would do what I want it to do.
I sat on Mom's lap while I had my 7:30 p.m. "meal." Then we colored Easter eggs. I fell asleep in my chair, though, and made Mom finish it all by herself. I even made her clean up the mess! Usually Dad and Ian are the ones working feverishly on those Easter eggs, but they're still on their train adventure and won't be home until tomorrow evening. Ian said I could color the eggs without him. Wait 'til he sees how colorful they are!
We're all planning to go to church on Easter and then to Grandma's for Easter dinner. She's going to make Grandpa some very healthy food to eat. My cousin Buddy is coming to eat with us, too. I don't see him very often, but he tells me he always prays for me. Thank you, Buddy!
It's getting late and I can barely get this message on the screen for everyone. It's so hard to type when you're sound asleep! :) Happy Easter to everyone!
Friday, April 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment