This has been a rough week for me. My dad left at 4:30 Monday morning to fly to Philadelphia, then he drove to New Jersey for his new job. I've missed him a lot this week, but he'll be home late tonight and he promised to give me lots of kisses, even if I'm sound asleep. Since he won't be here until around 11:30 p.m., I really SHOULD be asleep. He calls me a lot when he's gone, so I get to hear his voice. When Mom holds the phone up to my ear, I can usually turn my head a little bit and my eyes look toward the phone. Sometimes I give Dad my big "Elvis" smile and Mom tells him all about it. He loves it when I smile.
Monday evening I started getting all gloppy. I think something bad was in the air because by Tuesday morning, I was coughing up lots of yucky goo, and then I started running a fever. Mom had really itchy eyes and a sore throat Tuesday night, so I guess our allergies were really acting up. I spent most of the day on Tuesday and all of Tuesday night feeling pretty darn blucky, but I started to get better again. Thank goodness!
My big brother has read me a few books this week. Sometimes he really rushes through it because he wants to play his video games or watch TV, but other times he really takes his time and makes it fun and exciting. I love to hear him read because he's so smart. He knows all the words! Someday I hope I'll be able to read, too. It's so fun to learn the stories in a book. My grandma and the nurses read books to me, and it's great! I like the books with pop-ups or other things that move in them. I also like the books that have music and other sounds. They're the best.
My Uncle Scottie is going to be working in Chicago this summer on the new Batman movie. I'm very happy that he'll be closer to me, and I hope that he doesn't have to work all the time. Maybe he'll get to come to Farmington to see me again! I don't get to see my uncles and aunts nearly enough - they all live too far away! Mom tells me that they should all move back to Missouri, but I don't think any of them are interested in doing that.
Uncle Bradley is moving into a new photography studio in May. He's very excited about that because he says he needs a lot more space for his business. He takes really great pictures of people. See my picture over there? He took that. He made me look like a princess!
Uncle Kevin and Aunt Janet came to visit last summer, and they even brought their two dogs, Simba and Buster. That was a lot of fun. I wonder if they'll get to come see me at Christmas time this year?
Aunt Jennifer and Uncle Ryan are getting ready to celebrate my cousin Addison's first birthday (April 18). Addy has to have tubes put in her ears the day after her birthday - not a great way to celebrate, but we all hope that it will help her get rid of her ear infections. Mom told Aunt Jenny not to be worried - I had tubes in my ears, too, and that was the easiest surgery I ever had. In and out in one day! :) Nothing like all those other surgeries I've had!
Dad and Ian got to see Grandma Powers, Uncle Don, Aunt Marie and Cousin Asher last weekend on their way home from the big train adventure. Asher is seven months old now, and I'm waiting to see him in person. He's a cutie pie, and I want to hold him on my lap. I love babies. They always make me smile. I hope they come to visit soon!
If you're wondering what's happening with all my tummy issues, you're not the only one. I'm wondering, too. I guess Mom has been reading about anti-acid medicines and how they keep the body from absorbing calcium. Since I'm already taking calcium because of my soft bones, Mom is worried about starting me up again on the Prevacid. My pharmacist is doing some research on different options. Mom and Dad will talk to the doctors to see what we should do. Of course, it may have been the Prevacid that caused the really, really bad diarrhea. Oh, I don't want to do that again! It was horrible.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I went to the dental office early in the week to get my teeth cleaned. Grandpa wasn't officially back to work yet - but he stopped in to check on me anyway. He's released from the doctor to go back to work now, and he's feeling pretty good. He has started a healthy eating plan and he's already lost weight, so he's moving in the right direction. Not only is he the best dentist in the Midwest, but he's the best grandpa in the world, and I want him to stay healthy for a long, long time!
Well, it's almost 8:30 p.m. and I'm falling asleep. (No, the Posting Time on this Blog does not match up to real time. We don't know why.) I need to go to bed now. Hope everyone stays healthy and happy! Thanks for your continued prayers.
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment