Sunday, February 25, 2007

February 25, 2007

I have something new! My teacher brought me a radio that has a special switch attached to it. The switch is on a handle that goes right next to my head. If I turn my head to the right, then I can make the music come on. If I turn my head again, then I can make the music turn off. It's really neat because I am in control. (I'm usually in control around here anyway, but now I can decide if I'm going to listen to music or not.)

I also have another cool thing - actually two cool things. I have two little "recorders" that we can attach to my side head rests. Dad and Mom can record "YES" on one and "NO" on the other. That way, I can learn to turn my head to "say" these words in response to questions. Right now we don't have any way to attach them so that they stay on, but I'm sure Dad or my teacher will figure something out.

The other day, I was sitting on Dad's lap. We had just found out about a friend of ours who has a brain tumor. Dad said a special prayer for her. Then he asked me if I thought it was a good prayer. I stiffened up and said "YES" in my special way. Then he said more prayers for other people, and I prayed right along with him. I like to talk to Jesus. I know he listens to me, and I know he has angels around me all the time.

Say a prayer for someone special today!

No comments: