Today my grandpa came over for dinner. (My grandma is visiting Cousin Addison down south, so she didn't get to come.) While Dad was cooking his world-famous pork tenderloin, Mom showed Grandpa how to do my trach change. This is something that happens every two weeks. First they unhook the trach ties that hold the tubing in place. Then they deep suction me - putting the skinny little tube down my trachea to "suck out the goo." Next, they pull the trach tube out of my throat and put the new one in. Usually I cough a lot before the new tube goes in. Tonight, Grandpa had the "suctioning job," so he took care of getting all the extra goo out of my throat for me. It was successful, so all is well. The one that came out has been sterilized and is ready in my "Go Bag" for the next scheduled change.
I'm falling asleep now - I probably should have been asleep an hour ago, but sometimes I just don't want to give up that easily. I want to know what's going on. But now it's late and I need to drift off into dream land. Tomorrow, Mom doesn't have to go to work, so she and Ian will be home with me all day. (First they have to take Thor to get his shots in the morning, then we'll all hang out together.) I think Mom said we get to iron a bunch of clothes. Yippy skippy. My favorite. Not.
Gotta run. Hope everyone is well and happy!
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment