Saturday, February 10, 2007

February 10, 2007

It's Saturday, and today I have a new nurse here learning how to take care of me. She's very nice. I have been so lucky to have really wonderful nurses over the years. Some of my nurses are really like my extra grandmas, aunts, etc. They're part of the family. I guess they have to be since my family is here, too. The nurses have to learn how to deal with life in our house - the good, the bad and the ugly. (Mom says the "ugly" part is when she gets up in the morning and her hair is sticking out all over the place and she doesn't have her "face" on yet. Whatever. She still looks like Mom to me!)

My big brother likes it best when there are no nurses here, but I know that the nurses make things a lot easier for Mom and Dad to get things done around here, run errands, go to work, etc. When the nurses are here at night, then my mom can sleep. That helps her a lot since she has to have a functioning brain when she goes to work! When Mom takes care of me overnight, I usually get pretty "gooey" during the night and she has to suction me. Sometimes I have nights that my pulse-oxymeter beeps a lot and she has to get out of bed to adjust it or see if something is wrong with me. (Sometimes I think, "Oh, it's Mom tonight. I think I'll be extra high maintenance so I can make sure she's here all night.")

I know I'm a high maintenance girl, but what girl isn't, right? I'm a Diva, and my family knows it. They say it's okay, though, because they're just so happy to have me here in the family that they don't care how much work I am! :)

In my first entry I said I might be seeing a new doctor about my "leaking button." Well, I get to see the doctor on March 6, so maybe we can find out what's going on. Hmmm. Another mystery to solve. I'm such a puzzle!

I have to run now. Dad is going to fix a big dinner tonight, and I might have to sit in the kitchen with him and supervise while he prepares the food. (Dad is the real chef around the house. Mom is good, too, but she doesn't enjoy it like Dad does.)

God's blessings to everyone!

Love,
Emma

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Emma! It's so great to see you on the web! We sure miss seeing you out here in Los Angeles, but you're always in our prayers!

Keep the updates coming!

Love you,
Uncle Kevin & Aunt Janet

The Maloney Family said...

Hello Princess Emma!
Not only are you such a diva, but you're a diva with a blogspot!!!! Very cool! We've enjoyed the pictures and look forward to checking in with you! Take care of yourself and we'll check in with you next time we visit Harvey Court! Conrad & Annie say hello!
Love,
The Maloneys

Dana said...

Hi Emma!

I haven't seen you in such a long time, but I think about you every day. I am so glad you had a great birthday. Purple is one of my favorite colors too.

My nephew, Donnie, has a remote control fire truck. He has ran into me several times. I am glad to hear that Ian is a good helicopter pilot.

Tell your family hello for me. Stay warm sweetie.

Love,
Dana